Coach Sarah met up with Coach Jo from Aquazone and attended the American Swim Coaches Association Speedo Conference in May. This was a 3 day conference which was held at the TUKS High Performance Centre. Here qualified ASCA and Swim SA Coaches from all parts of South Africa and Africa get together to learn new coaching strategies.
Coach Sarah covered the following topics:
- Butterfly, Backstroke, Breaststroke and Freestyle technique
- Progression drills for primary school swimmers that work on building techniques for stroke teaching
- How to transition from stroke groups to junior competitive squads
- Mental preparation for competition
- Preparing your age group swimmers for major competitions
- Key physiological considerations in coaching pubescent female age group
We are looking forward to seeing what Coach Sarah has in store for our swimmers after this informative conference.